The Story of Sky Monroe: Prologue


The Ways of Life

Now, let’s take a closer look at the ways of this admittedly odd project: I played the Sims 4 basic game on PC, with no mods, expansions or custom content for the duration of a short Sim-lifespan (about 60 in-game days) from adulthood to death. This I did twice, with the very same Character: Sky Monroe. 


This is the beauty that is Sky Monroe, your average Sim.
Sky Monroe is your average adult. She's a little sporty, a little creative and just generally normal through and through. Admittedly, she has absolutely no inkling about throwing a household by herself, but what can one expect of someone who came into existence as a grown adult five minutes ago? Not much. You will likely ask yourself something along the lines of "but if she's so normal, why does she have green hair?". And let me answer that with: because she can. She's easier to find and recognize on the screen this way, and that is already enough of a reason, really. 


Now the interesting part, the putting to action of all this nonsense… One run through Sky's life, I let her do whatever she wanted to and didn’t interfere at all in the game (which was hell. Literally. You’ll see why in a bit.). The other time I played the game normally, using the control given to me like the game wants me to, with the very same character, house and possibilities available. But with me meddling in everything. Now, (enough of the rather dull facts) let’s see how this went… Here’s the mixed blessing that is the story of Sky Monroe.